What To Do With Your Herbs <<Part 1>>
I love, love, love when the weather gets warmer and I can start planting herbs. This year, I am also growing tomatoes and lettuce. So the problem is, what can I do with all these herbs?
This will be a multi-part series throughout the Spring and Summer of ways to use herbs and veggies throughout the year.
One of my favorite (and easy) recipes to use with my extra herbs is chopping them up and putting them in an ice cube tray and freeze them with oil. When you need to pick your herbs, like basil and parsley (which were the two that I used), sometimes you do not have enough to make pesto or you were trying to just shape your plant. The great thing about this recipe is that you can use any mixture of herbs and different oils. Get <<C.R.E.A.T.I.V.E>>
What You Need:
Fresh Basil and Parsley (or another kind of herb)
Olive Oil and Coconut Oil (any oil will work)
Ice Cube Tray
What To Do:
- Pick your herbs and wash them with veggie wash.
- Chop the herbs into small pieces.
- Put the herbs in ice cube trays. You can make any type of mixtures you want. I made two just basil and two just parsley and the rest I mixed both together. I also used olive oil in some and coconut oil in some (1tablespoon so you can keep track for recipes)
- Put the ice cube tray in the the freezer. When frozen, I like to put them in a bag labeled when I made it and what it is.
- Whenever you need fresh herbs for a recipe, you now have them ready to use at anytime by just reaching into your freezer! This is especially great in the Winter!